2012 Courses for Educators from the Green Ambassadors Institute and UCLA Extension - Scholarships Available!
When Green Schools Initiative Executive Director Deborah Moore visited a Green Ambassadors classroom at Environmental Charter High School in South Los Angeles in 2010 she was impressed by the impacts and potential of the innovative program.
Now the Green Ambassadors Institute is offering scholarships for 2012 courses for educators and administrators. The Institute empowers teachers and administrators to use the environment as the context for interdisciplinary learning that connects students to their campus, community and environment. Continuing education credits are offered through UCLA. Teachers/administrators learn to:
- Connect learning, principles & practices to sustainability
- Provide fun, hands-on, project-based learning experiences
- Foster student leadership through service learning
- Enhance community involvement & partnerships
- Implement projects that connect students to their campus